This is the last week to exchange your parking permit without an appointment. You can exchange your permit at the badge office, Building 65A, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. through Friday. You can also exchange your permit at the new food truck at Building 67 from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. the rest of this week.
If you don’t exchange your permit this week, you will need to make an appointment for the permit exchange. The new permits must be displayed starting Oct. 2 to enter the Lab’s hill site but can be used at the gate as soon as your exchange is completed. You will not be allowed to enter the Lab without displaying a new permit.
- Make sure your vehicle is registered.
- Bring your existing permit to Building 65A Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Bring your Lab ID as well.
- The friendly staff will confirm your assigned permit in a database.
- They will write your Lab ID and the permit expiration date on the appropriate colored permit and exchange it for your old one. The permit expiration date will be the same expiration date as your Lab ID.
- If your vehicle is on site, return to your vehicle and hang up your new permit.
- Done! Enjoy your free parking.
Those with the new blue permits may park in any general or blue triangle space. Blue is now considered general parking. A green permit holder can park in any unmarked personal vehicle parking space or one with a blue triangle or orange circle. A green permit is now equivalent to an orange circle permit. The blue triangle markings will not be repainted. The orange circle markings will be repainted green sometime in the fiscal year 2024.