The strike began at 8 a.m. this morning. Picketers are at Grizzly Gate, near the Lawrence Hall of Science, and on Cyclotron Road near Blackberry Gate.
Changes to the shuttle routes are in effect, as are gate access changes to the Lab. Lab staff may use the Blackberry or Grizzly Gates only for entry and exit. Suppliers, visitors, and guests must use Blackberry Gate only for entry and exit.
Strawberry Gate is reserved for construction contractors, construction vehicles, and delivery vehicles. Berkeley Lab employees will not be permitted to enter or exit through the Strawberry Gate in a vehicle, as a pedestrian, or as a cyclist.
If you are coming to the Lab, plan for traffic delays near UC property and at Lab gates whether or not picketing occurs due to increased security measures and the need to comply with labor laws regarding gate access and restrictions. Please drive carefully and watch for pedestrians in unexpected locations.
Please download and use TripShot for live shuttle information as shuttles may be delayed. Read the TripShot user guide if you are unfamiliar with the app.
- Blue route: No change in the shuttle schedule.
- Orange route: Will access the Lab through the Blackberry Gate and maintain all regular Lab pickup locations, with the Pool stops on Centennial Drive closed. Riders should use the Rim Way and Gayley stop as an alternate.
- Rockridge route: Will keep its regular schedule off-site, but it will enter and exit through the Blackberry Gate. The only stop at the Lab will be at the B65 shuttle stop.
- Potter Street/JBEI: No change in the shuttle schedule.
- North Berkeley route: No change in the shuttle schedule.
- MacArthur route: No change in the shuttle schedule.
If you see any safety issues or life-threatening emergencies, call 911 immediately. For any other incidents or concerns, contact the Lab’s Site Operations Center at 510-486-6999. Strike-related questions should be sent to email@example.com. FAQs can be found here. Watch for updated information in Elements, via email, at the 1-800-445-5830 status line, and at status.lbl.gov.