Please prepare your workspace, including labs and administrative space, if you will be gone during winter break.
- Ensure that door signage is accurate, including contact information in case of emergency or equipment failure.
- Power off computers, monitors, peripherals, power strips, and non-essential equipment.
- Shut fume hood sashes.
- Empty personal waste bins and sort your trash at a central waste station.
- Shut off non-essential lights and equipment.
- Unplug personal space heaters, fans, and coffee pots.
- Empty perishables out of break room refrigerators.
- Close windows and doors.
In addition, it is good practice to:
- Secure theft-attractive items: laptops, cameras, iPhones, iPads, etc.
- Wash and put away dishes and wipe off kitchen surfaces.
- Disinfect your workstation and furniture.
- Water your plants or take them home for the break.
- Turn off the lights.